Monday, November 06, 2006

Project Update

With all my electric & electronic woes of the past few weeks, I've been unable to blog. But I think everything is fixed now and since I finally found my camera...


This is the Counterpane Carpetbag from Melanie Falick's Handknit Holidays. I stopped there because I was unsure how I wanted to decrease because I was tempted to change the handles but I then realized that the recepient would prefer the one's shown in the book. I'm working on the other side now. I got this yarn 2yrs ago from Ebay. The colorway is called "Barks" from Handpaintyarn.com. The pattern is easy-peasy once you get used to it. Incidently, I received an email from Melanie in response to an email I had sent her in desperation, I was tragically stuck on the over-the-knee-socks (yeah, remember those) anyway she responded quickly and cleared up my confusion so I will continue on those after the holidays since they're for me and therefore can wait.
















and my first hat! I made it in half a day on one of the days we had no electricity for miles due to the storm. It's Misti Alpaca Chunky (I've never worked in chunky, my it goes fast!) the colorway is "Charteruse Melange" and it is sooooooooo soft and sooooooo light. Pattern is Saucer Hat I got from Knotty Girl a while back.













I had picked up a wool sweater at the Salvation Army the other day to try my hand at felting. Not bad so far. I like it because you have to sort of go with whatever the sweater dictates. I'm trying to use up the whole thing. Here are pics of the bits and pieces. The main part is a surprise. Shhh!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Janix said...

I love that yarn, just went to handpaintyarn to check them out and ordered a few things. Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to see the finished products.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home