Monday, November 13, 2006

No longer euphoric...

Has anyone out there ever bought perfume that didn't suite them? Well I bought Calvin Klein's Euphoria last year about this time and I was thrilled because it smelled soooooo good. I tried it for a day first and everything, still loved it. I didn't wear it again for several weeks since my signature scent for years has been Happy (I know...Happy, Euphoria, pure coincidence though) so it took quite a few months for me to come to the realization that although I loved the scent on others, it smelled like ass on me. Okay, ass is an exaggeration, but it was as if my body chemicals and this perfume wanted nothing to do with each other. They didn't interact at all. Nadda. Zilch. They each stayed in their own separate corners. Whereas Happy and my body chems mingle, laugh and flirt with each other. At which point I went through my own mini "I-just-bought-something-that's-completely-useless-to-me" grieving process. Denial, anger, and yes, even bargaining was in there. Last month, I finally found peace with acceptance. Two weeks ago when driving to a knit together with Chris & Jane, I caught a whiff of Jane's perfume and asked what she was wearing. Yup, you guessed it, she was wearing Euphoria and it smelled absolutely glorious on her (the way perfume is meant to). I told her I would bring in my perfume and lotion set for her since it was completely wasted on me what good is it doing anyone in my closet? Well this past Friday, Chris and I stopped off at the Yarn Garden after a quick trip to Webs in Northampton, Mass and look what was waiting for me!




WOW! I couldn't believe it, that was so sweet of her, especially since 1) she didn't have to and 2) I had already used the perfume and lotion (remember the denial stage) so we're not talking new off the perfume counter here.




But wait, there's more!












...and would you belive still more!?
















Yum! Many, many skeins of alpaca and wool goodness in royal purples & lilacs and the most adorable bag ever!





Thank you again Jane for your thoughtfulness! I'm happy with Happy and euphoric over my goodies :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mira said...

Those purple alpaca yarns must be soft! love the colour! Lucky you!

4:17 AM  
Blogger R a i n said...

That's super cool! You totally deserve it anyways ;)
Yarn = euphoria

7:42 PM  
Blogger Carine said...

That is super cool. Isn't it funny how yarn does equal euphoria :-)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home