Monday, November 06, 2006

Needle Felting

I made this in the first of a series of needle felting classes I'm taking:




My very own Magic-8 Ball. For those of you who don't know, the Magic-8 Ball (brainchild of Abe Bookman) was a toy used to gaze into the future or unearth the truth of the past or present. You ask a question and turn the Magic-8 Ball over to reveal GASP! The Answer! Mine is made of wool.



Let's take it out for a test spin by asking the proper questions, shall we?











"Oh, magic 8 ball, do I have 2 cats?"









Hmm, not bad. Could be a lucky guess though.














Let's pose a medical question that I'm sure variations of which are constantly running across the minds of all humans who are servants, uhm, I mean roomates to cats.




"Oh, magic 8 ball, I'm truly concerned about the health of my sweet-overworked roomates. Maybe it's me, but honestly 23hrs. just doesn't seem to be enough R&R. Are my cats getting adequate amounts of sleep?"










My goodness, well that's a relief! You heard that Booboo? Scoozie? You guys are getting enough sleep, you can cancel that call to your union rep! Guys? Helloooo? Oh, never mind.







Okay, third times a charm. I'm going for the big question.






"Oh, magic 8 ball, would my DH encourage...NAY! INSIST that I purchase yarn and deep down, does he consider my seemingly uncontrollable fiber addiction an endearing, quirky part of my personality?"



OMG! I don't know about you folks, but I'm convinced.

5 Comments:

Blogger R a i n said...

Dear Super Cool Magic 8 ball: Will I do well in my exams?

Carrine lemme know what it says =)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Carine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Carine said...

Rain! How the heck are yah?!

I've consulted the Magic-8 Ball and the answer is "YES"! Congratulations in advance!

9:48 PM  
Blogger R a i n said...

Heya, thanks for the good news. I've been alrighty, long time no post on your blog so I was really psyched to see the rush of posts and the cool pics!!


Hope you've been well. Give my love to Scoozie and Booboo!

Cheers

3:54 AM  
Blogger Carine said...

Actually it was a two part question. I asked if you were studying hard and if you were going to ace it. Yes to both! Amazing!!

I still haven't uploaded pics of my trip to Malaysia. I'll give them both hugs & kisses from you. Although I unwittingly left my computer unattended briefly when responding to your first comment, I didn't realize that Boo had added few words to you. I came back and clicked publish. I had to delete that first comment since "jzdsa;ois" doesn't mean anything (in english anyway). Hugs & kisses to Rinky and Binky.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home