Monday, August 21, 2006

Shhh....I'm back, but don't tell anyone

I'm laying low for now, trying to get my bearings. Let's see on the non-knitting news front (and there's almost nooooooo knitting news). My studies and the entire trip were good and to think, only two more summers like this and I'll have my masters! Whoo-hoo! The last summer will be in Maryland though, not Colorado so I'll be near an ocean.

Hmmmmm, this is one of those situations where there is so much to tell, so many small details and nuances that you get all flummoxed and just sum it all up in a sentence or two because all your thoughts are struggling to get out of your mouth simultaneously. If over the course of the next few years, I bring up seemingly random thoughts like "Oh, you have to go to Sushi Den if you are ever in Denver, they seriously have the best sushi I've ever eaten!", please note that it's in response to the question asked a few years back..."so, how were your studies and what did you do for fun while you were in Denver?" And seriously, Sushi Den does indeed have the best sushi I've ever had, DH was teasing me that it's Colorado, hundreds of miles away from an ocean, was I sure it wasn't "elk roll" they were trying to pass off? This family owns two sushi restaurants one here and the other in Japan, they fly their fish in every other day and it is YUMMMMY! Lucky we got there early, I went with a few of my favorite classmates, it got so crowded that by the time we were leaving we had to fight through the line of people trying to get in.


Let's see what else is new. Well I'm stuck in the over the knee sock pattern (but that's not really new). I managed to get no knitting done in Colorado, what was I thinking?! Has anyone out there in blog land successfully completed it? There is only one errata that I know of. I'm stuck at the first round for shaping (so the first decrease). If I follow the instructions as I understand them, the yo's end up on the sides of the socks which makes no sense what so ever. I started the Ruana from Oat Couture, on Friday. I'm using Noro Kureyon #126. Although I've had it forever, this is the first time I'm using Noro. I've hesitated because I wasn't sure if I liked that particular way of self patterning that Noro has. It might be that I've just seen it everywhere for too long and it's like a song you liked...at first...before they played it on every radio station 50x's a day. The ruana pattern is a one-sizer, but has directions for three different yarn weights, I'm going according to worsted weight(ish). I think the kureyon is slightly smaller than worsted, but I wanted to use what I have and I'll be using about 10 skeins. I'll post pics soon. I can't wait to catch up on everyone's blog.

Oh! My avatar went and got her hair cut and dyed platinum blonde so of course what's a girl to do? I couldn't make a liar out of my avatar! I'll post pics of that too. Cute, sassy and carefree. Ahhh, life without a comb. The longest sections are a little less than an inch, sweeeeet! If I had waited until it grew out another inch I could have donated my locks, but my hair was driving me insane. If I had to wait another inch I would have pulled it myself in frustration and that would not have been pretty, they'd probably end up calling me "Patches". Next time maybe I'll be more patient with it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kekoa said...

You cut your hair! Why do you always manage to do that when I'm no where around? Yet again I'll miss seeing you blonde.

Glad you're back, We've missed you. So...hehe, when you coming back to your real home where you belong?

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Lana said...

Welcome home, I'll call you tonight 'cause I've got tons of questions :-)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Rosieglasses said...

Welcome home! Good ta have ya back, fellow Carine.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Carine said...

Hello wonderful Carine! Thank you...it's soooo good to be back :-)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Carine said...

Hey surfer boy, I heard you've got new body art. Send some pics 'kay? Are you still knitting by the way?

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home