Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The sock that wouldn't end


I haven't posted for a few days, but I have been knitting and unknitting. Believe it or not this is not the same pic of my first sock. Nope, this pic is of the sock after ripping back a total of 5 times. I get to a certain part of the gusset (about the 6th round) and I start noticing that something doesn't look quite right :-(. This time I'm instead of stopping and redoing from here, I'm going to rip back to the end of the first round after the gusset stitches were picked up. I think part of the problem is that I forget to make sure that I'm holding the working yarn between both needles and not over the back needle. I've done that a few times so I know it creates a false stitch which I probably knit into the next round.
We'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

Good luck making it through the sock! The colorway is lovely, it'll look great when you're done.

Glad you liked my bag over at "Sew? I knit." The matching needles were a SP gift, they're from the $1 bin at target. They're too scratchy to actually knit with, but they do photograph well. :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Carine said...

Thanks Katie. Yeah, your bag is really cute. Did you plan on matching it when you bought the needles or was that just pure luck?

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home