Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Look at my booty ;-)



The sale at The Yarn Garden was spectacular. Everyone was helping each other picking out yarn and matching them to patterns, refreshments were served, skeins of yarn were being wound up on Denise's ginormous ball winder (this thing is massive) and a sporting time was had by all. Good fun that. I only bought what could fit into one bag (lucky they have large bags). The best news is I actually know what I'm going to use these for, that almost never happens. I usually just buy yarn because it exists. Mum avert your eyes some of this is for your holiday prezzies. You too DH, DB & DN. Shoo. G'way, nothing to see here.

I've made miniscule progress on the Over-the-knee socks but the pics are still coming out horribly. I'm about to start the first round for the thigh (where the lace cable back seam begins). I really like this pattern a lot. Other than that I've been winding down my school year with my little ones and organizing what materials I need to bring, checking and double checking to make sure I have all the books from the reading list. Still haven't packed clothing & crafts, but my academic stuff is ready.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Roxanne said...

Aha, I know what that coral one is for. As a matter of fact I think I can guess what all but two of your newly acquired yarn stash is for. Okay, give. What's the Gem Opal (looks like sport weight) for?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, all that lovely yarn fit in ONE BAG?? Yes, they MUST have really big bags. :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Nettie said...

I became light headed looking at all of these purchases. I thought I had a good weekend. = )

12:43 PM  
Blogger Carine said...

Of course it helped that I shoved so much yarn in the bag I couldn't even hold it by the handles :-) and the bag was bursting at the seams, but it made it to my car and out of the car into the apt without a mishap.

3:03 PM  
Blogger jae said...

woweee! lotsa good lookin stuff!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Carine said...

I restrained myself from throwing it all on the bed and rolling all over Jae :-)

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home