Monday, May 15, 2006

Doh! Ahhh well

Down to the beginning of the toe. Me Mum tried it on (since it's for her) and loves it (because that's what Mums do). Okay, so I'm merrily knitting along when I look down at the dwindling cake attached to my working yarn. Only then does it dawn on me that there is no way on this green earth that I will have enough yarn to finish both socks. And of course in one of those rare moments I threw away the band label, which included information that for some strange reason I didn't feel that I would ever need to know. I always save my labels. I remembered which store I purchased it many moons ago and went there yesterday hoping to purchase another skein, knowing it would be a different dye lot, and call it my free day for my Stashalong. There were no more. Seeing that I was just going to spend the day going from one EIFY (exercise in futility) to another, 'cause that's how it is sometimes...and that's actually okay. We went home. I know now that I should have bought 2 skeins, but I thought that one could get one pair of socks out of one skein! I guess if the pair are anklets. But that just slowed me down a bit. I'm going to look in ye old stash to see what I have that will sorta kinda go and me Mum will have a pair of Mix Matched Socks, which she will love, because that's what Mums do :-) :-) :-)

I love you Mum


Carine (there is no period after that last sentence, because there is no end to that statement)

3 Comments:

Anonymous M said...

I love you too sweetheart, and I would love anything you made for me. I've been blessed with a wonderful daughter.

7:03 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Maybe you can knit the cuff of each sock in one color, and the foot in the other color -- they won't be mismatched then.

I get so many little leftovers that someday I am going to make a pair of socks using the leftovers of several sock yarns. I'll call them my technicolor dream socks!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Carine said...

Technicolor dream socks, pretty cool that.

Wait up, before you make plans for your leftovers, did you check these out?

http://www.coats.de/PDF/reg_zehenfusslingENG.pdf

I got the link from a knitting blog (can't remember which one). They're sooooo cute. Must have them as well.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home