Friday, May 19, 2006

Attn: New England Knitters

and anyone who just happens to be traveling through CT. I discovered a yarn shop yesterday by pure chance on my way home and actually drove back later in the evening to take part in their informal SnB (which was great fun btw, thanks Denise!). Yarn Garden is having a ginormous sale this coming Tuesday. 45% off on ALL yarns. Yep, you read that right (nothing off on kits, patterns, notions, or books) this is a yarn only sale. 45% off is my kind of sale. Part of me didn't actually want to post this 'til let's say Tuesday just before the store closed for the evening, but my unselfish side finally won over my "mine, mine, it's all mine" yarn hording side (which btw is bound, tied and safely tucked away for now). Unselfish side kicked ass. Denise has Debbie Bliss, Noro, Green Mountain Spinnery, etc. and probably the last batch of Possum Wool in existence. Please feel free to blame me for any and all purchases when the topic comes up with your significant others, family members, therapists (although therapists will probably insist you take blame for it yourself, unless they knit in which case they'll ask you what ill feelings you are harboring towards them since you hadn't told them about the sale until after the fact). So fellow stashalongers if you're reading this I plan on having my free day on Tuesday :-)

On knitting news, I cast on for the over-the-knee socks but the koigu I'm using is a redish pinkish combo and is not photographing well. So no pics yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Whitney said...

I have googled for yarn stores in the area...There's one not far from me, but there used to be one in my city. Supposedly there's another here but I've never seen it listed online. I'll try the yahoo yellow pages search, thanks! And I think you were my first commenter, so thanks for that too!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

I may have to camp out there ;-) Thanks for the heads up.

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Veronica said...

45% off you say? Hmmm, I wonder if my sister would like to take a drive with me on Tuesday. We both have off from work and we were just going to hang out. Thanks Carine, I may just see you there. Oh and Jasmine may want to come too, you remember Jasmine, don't you?

6:27 AM  
Blogger Carine said...

Yes, I remember Jasmine. It would be great to see her again. For sure bring her with.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home