Monday, April 17, 2006

Needle Case Closed









I put finishing touches on bag #2. It's a needle case for my knitting and crocheting needles. The pattern is a combination of everything I've always wanted in a needle bag, but never found so I made my own (at least for a price that I wanted to pay at the time, since that takes away from fiber monies). There are many things I learned from this and that I will do differently next time, so this will be my prototype. This also marks the first time that I've made something for myself, especially since I have no family member or friend that knits or crochets. It was fun and frustrating, if it were left to me we would probably still be wearing togas...no buttons, no velcro :-) I plan on fine tuning and putting as a free pattern on here in the near future. I do want to buy a cup of coffee to dip the elastic in for a while to darken them, so I'll do that later today. I'm off from school this week for Easter break although I do have to go in for one or two days. I have hopes of finishing and starting a few projects as well as make progress on a few others. This week I would like to finish: DU's Irish Hiking Scarf, DB's Dr. Whoish scarf and I would like to start and finish at least one more bag, maybe the chelsea, the madison or the nappy. Would like to start knitting this felted monogram bag from Patons (minus the glare from the flash):




I still have to decide on the person who will eventually receive it, which will determine the monogram & color choice. I'm also going to check Paton's errata page. I've never felted before and I'm looking forward to it. Also like to make progress on the needle turn quilt, the bento box quilt, the crazy quilt and the crazy curves quilt. I figure if I devote 3 hrs. per day to one of the quilts, for progress I should be set.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good choice. I'm glad you went with the stripes. Great job on the case. I'll check back for the pattern.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Becka said...

Oooh, I want that free pattern too, good luck with the tinkering!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Beverly said...

Great needle case...I want to make one for my new knitting bag!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home