Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Make it stop!

Arrrrrggggh! I've been singing the same song now for a several days and I can't seem to stop myself. The theme song to The Banana Splits has been on permanent loop in my mind, so much so I had to look up the dang lyrics. I was a year old when it came on and 3yrs old when the show ended. It must have gone on syndication though because english was not my first language and I didn't even arrive to the U.S. 'til I was almost 4. Does anyone remember The Banana Splits? From what I can tell it on this site, it was the toddler's version of The Monkees. Well hopefully, one of you out there will start singing it uncontrollably so that I can stop.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember them! Tra, la, la, La, la, la, la Tra, la, la, La, la, la, la

9:44 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh, I definitely remember that show, and that horrid theme song!

I read somewhere that if you get a song stuck in your head, you have to listen to the entire thing to get it unstuck.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Carine said...

Mary,

Noooooo! Thanks a lot...that doesn't work. It's even worse because now that I listened to the entire song, I know all the words. :-)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home