Saturday, April 22, 2006

Librarything...

you make my heart sing. You make everything groovy. Sorry Mr. Chip Taylor for morphing your song BUT-Librarything...I think I love you. Have you been? Librarything is a wonderful tool they've developed to help you catalog your books. The first 200 books can be posted free. Got over 200 books? Ten bucks a year will cover it or $25 for lifetime. You have a choice of typing in the ISBN, the title or the author, or importing from an existing catalog file, or importing from Amazon. Your book catalog will come out alphabetized and in most cases with the little cover picture. You can even change the way you view your virtualshelf online. I took a break from knitting to catalog my knitting/crochet books, I'm not up to doing the quilting books tonight. I'm trying to get a bit (okay, a lot) more organized in general but in my crafting life in particular so that I can use what I have. I've had a few "Oh, what an interesting book, I think I'll buy it" moments and it turns out I already have it. Doh!


Back to knitting :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger GG said...

Ah, that seems like a wonderful software. Will check it out.
Thanks for the recommendation. :)

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Beverly said...

Thanks for your comment about my bag! I can't stop admiring it--it's the nicest non-quilt sewing I've done...

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Monica said...

Hey, thanks for the link. I was looking for something like that!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Josh said...

I'm on librarything now, thanks for the heads up!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home