Thursday, April 20, 2006

All The News That's Fit to Knit

"Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...a guy knitting!?" Sweaterman, the newest superhero is the brainchild of Mark Newport.

Penguins need love too. These Mormans know that nothin' says lovin' like a homemade sweater.

The Edinburgh population has seen an increase in the artform. How cool is a pub knitting night where the "pub" stands for, well, pub.

These articles have just a smidgen of knitting involved:

Llama poop is this year's "bean" to have. I skimmed ahead and skipped a few parts, then started from the beginning, so it took me awhile to figure out the beans they were referring to were animal made.


Okay, how can they put such restrictions on knitting needles but are fine with corkscrews?! I guess they figure it takes longer to screw somebody (I'm serious, so stop laughing and take your minds out the gutter people) than to attack them with knitting needles. Everyone knows that knitting and all it's paraphenlia should be used for good and not evil.


Alright, this is a stretch because this last article just had the word knitting in it, but I thought it was kinda cool 'cause I'm a nerd (although I'm not a math nerd, I wouldn't aspire to such lofty heights). Gregory K. Pincus is the creator you can read more on his blog.

Here's mine:

This
marks
my first
attempt at
Fibbing;-), who knew that
lying would be considered chic?

I just came from the gottabook blog which had links to Fuzzy Galore and Knitting Curmudgeon as well. They are knitting blogs that've mentioned the Fibonacci sequence and/or the NYTimes article! The Knitting Curmudgeon even has a Fib contest going on. Seems like fun, I'm digging this fib stuff. I think I'm going to enter! The rules are on her site, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home