Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Olfa Spinning Rotary Mat

I had the opportunity to use the Olfa Spinning Rotary Mat in Monday's Crazy Curves class and I was hooked. Being able to spin your mat makes life so much easier because it makes squaring up your blocks a dream! I saw the round revolving mats before but was hesitant to buy it because--well, it's round and it didn't seem logical to me when most of what we cut or at least start out from is either a square or a rectangle. The Olfa mat is not wobbly at all and spins very smooth. The only size it seems to come in so far is 12x12, which is great for your average size blocks. Of course it also has the yellow lines for measuring as well and of course it's also self-healing. It's a little on the pricey side (average $36.00) but I found two websites, store quilting-warehouse and joanns.com that have it on sale for just under $25 bucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home