Monday, February 13, 2006

By the banks of the pond

This is the view from the footbridge that goes over a little pond outside our backdoor.

After many hours of searching I came back with an architect's compass! Who knew they would be so difficult to find? I also picked up everything I needed for my sweet puddin' pie of a DH's special Valentine/Anniversary dinner tomorrow. On February 14th, 2006 we will have been married 8yrs (not bad considering we knew each other for only two months before that). We met on the beautiful Hawaiian island of O'ahu in an art gallery where I was working at the time, but that's a tale for another day.

I'm considering signing up for a Silk Ribbon Reticule class that begins on the 18th of this month on QuiltU, but I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding everything from the supply list. I'm tempted to get everything I need online, but 1) I don't know if I'll have enough time for it to ship and 2) it irks me that I won't be able to use my Joann's & my Ragshop coupons (50% off is nothing to sneeze at and I'm on a tight craft budget). I'm really keen about taking this class though, so I may have to bite the bullet, we'll see. Besides the benefits of learning the technique, the actual finished product for me will not be a reticule but rather the centerpiece for a crazy quilt which I plan on starting mid-month. I've never made a crazy quilt before so this should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home